from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To set on fire.
- transitive v. To cause to glow; light up.
- transitive v. Archaic To emblazon.
- transitive v. Archaic To decorate lavishly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To kindle; set ablaze.
- v. To adorn with glittering embellishments; cause to glitter or shine.
- v. To illuminate; to etch or display in a bright, fiery way; blazon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To adorn with glittering embellishments.
- transitive v. To paint or adorn with armorial figures; to blazon, or emblazon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To kindle; set in a blaze.
- To adorn with glittering embellishments; cause to glitter or shine.
- To display or set forth conspicuously or ostentatiously; blazon.
From em- + blaze. (Wiktionary)