from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A branching out, as of a mountain range or river.
- n. A branch or ramification.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A branching forth, as of trees for example.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The branching forth, as of trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A branching out, as of trees; ramification; division.
Compare French embranchement. (Wiktionary)