from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One whose conduct, thought, or rhetoric is governed by emotion rather than reason, often as a matter of policy.
- n. An excessively emotional person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone whose thoughts and actions are governed by their emotions rather than by logic
- n. Someone who is abnormally emotional
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is easily overcome by emotions; a person subject to or controlled by emotion.
- n. One who endeavors to excite emotional feeling; one who appeals to the emotions rather than to the reason or conscience.
Sorry, no etymologies found.