from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Based on experience as opposed to theoretical knowledge.
- adv. Based on data gathered in the real world.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. By experiment or experience; without science; in the manner of quacks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an empirical manner; by experiment; according to experience; without science; in the manner of quacks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an empirical manner
empirical + -ly (Wiktionary)