from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An x-ray picture of the brain taken by encephalography. Also called encephalograph.
- n. See electroencephalogram.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An image of the brain obtained by encephalography
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an X ray of the brain made by replacing spinal fluid with a gas (usually oxygen) to improve contrast
- n. a graphical record of electrical activity of the brain; produced by an electroencephalograph
From encephal- + -gram. (Wiktionary)