from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An encyclical; a papal letter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sent to many persons or places; intended for many, or for a whole order of men; general; circular.
- n. An encyclical letter, esp. one from a pope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Circular; sent to all members of some circle or class.
- In botany, isomerous, with regular alternation of parts: applied to flowers in which the petals, stamens, etc., are equal in number in each whorl, alternating with each other.
- n. A circular letter.
Sorry, no etymologies found.