from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Encyclopedic learning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Encyclopedic knowledge or learning.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of writing or compiling encyclopedias; also, possession of the whole range of knowledge; encyclopedic learning.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That method of collecting and stating information which is characteristic of an encyclopedia.
- n. That phase of religious skepticism in the eighteenth century of which the French Encyclopedia was the exponent. See encyclopedia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. profound scholarly knowledge
Sorry, no etymologies found.