from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The outermost layer of the dura mater.
- n. The inner surface of the skull.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The layer between the dura mater and the skull.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In zoology and anatomy, a collective name for the processes which project inward from the cranium of an animal, and serve to support the organs of the head: applied by Huxley to the hard pieces found in the head of an insect, and invisible without dissection.
- n. The lining membrane of the skull; the dura mater.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. membrane lining the inside of the skull
Sorry, no etymologies found.