from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of dentistry that deals with diseases of the tooth root, dental pulp, and surrounding tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of dentistry dealing with the dental pulp and root
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the branch of dentistry dealing with diseases of the dental pulp.
- n. the treatment of diseases of the dental pulp, especially by completely removing the pulp and nerve inside a tooth and its root, and replacing it with a filling material; root canal therapy; pulp canal therapy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of dentistry dealing with diseases of the dental pulp
endo- + (ortho)dontics.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)