Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany: The orifice at the apex of the inner coat of the ovule.
- n. The inner peristome of mosses. See cut under exostome.
- n. In zoology, same as endostoma.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) The foramen or passage through the inner integument of an ovule.
- n. (Zoöl.) And endostoma.
- See endostoma. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘endostome’.
A list for terms and phrases that I haven't (yet) entered into themed lists, including my series of various 151-word Random Palavery lists. Constructions that catch my eye, ring in my ears, tease m...
Looking for tweets for endostome.