American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To gulp down; swallow greedily.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To swallow or gulp down.
- To fill to repletion; glut.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. obsolete To swallow or gulp down.
- v. obsolete To glut.
- v. overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
- Partly from Old French englotir, partly from en- + glut. (Wiktionary)
- Anglo-Norman englutir, from Late Latin inglūtīre : Latin in-, intensive pref.; see in-2 + Latin gluttīre, to swallow. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘englut’.
words are fashionable -wane and wax - in usage. This is an open list of those words now out of fashion.
The only place you'll typically see these are on Scrabble and Words With Friends' boards. Unfreakinbelievable!
Another of my random palavery lists for words or phrases that haven't yet found a place in one or more of my other lists.
Looking for tweets for englut.