Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument for slitting intestines in dissection of the bowels, and for other purposes. It is a pair of scissors, with one blade longer than the other and hooked, so that the hook catches and holds the intestine while the instrument cuts.
- n. A portion of the embryo of vertebrates containing those structures which later develop into the digestive tract.
- n. medicine A kind of scissors used for opening the intestinal canal, as in post-mortem examinations.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) A kind of scissors used for opening the intestinal canal, as in post-mortem examinations.
- French entérotome. See enterotomy. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘enterotome’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for enterotome.