from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Pollinated by insects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or pollinated by means of entomophily.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fertilized by the agency of insects; -- said of plants in which the pollen is carried to the stigma by insects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Literally, insect-loving: applied to flowers in which, on account of their structure, fertilization can ordinarily be effected only by the visits of insects.
- In phytogeography, parasitic on insects: said of a class of fungi.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of flowering plants (especially orchids etc) that are pollinated by insects
Sorry, no etymologies found.