from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Biology Living or occurring on or near the surface of the ground.
- adj. Botany Of or relating to the emergence of cotyledons above the surface of the ground after germination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Living near the surface of the ground
- adj. Emerging above the surface of the ground after being germinated
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Epigæous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as epigeous.
- In entomology, living near the surface of the ground, as on low herbs, or on mosses, roots, and other surface vegetation. Also epigæal.
From Greek epigeios, on the earth : epi-, epi- + gē, earth.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
epi- + -geal (Wiktionary)