from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Living or growing on the external surface of an animal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. living or growing on the external surface of an animal (not always as a parasite)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Living upon the exterior of another animal; ectozoic; -- said of external parasites.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In natural history, living on the surface or in the skin of animals, as lice, ticks, and many other insects, various parasitic fungi, etc. Also epizoötic.
- Specifically, of or pertaining to the crustaceous parasites known as Epizoa.
- Also epizoal, epizoan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. living or growing on the exterior surface of an animal usually as a parasite
epi- + -zoic (Wiktionary)