from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a form of an adjective or adverb indicating identity of degree of comparison.
- n. The equative degree.
- n. An adjective or adverb expressing the equative degree.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or being an equative.
- n. A construction showing an equal quality. In English, this is normally formed using as. For example, the equative of happy is as happy as.
- n. A word in the equative form.
- n. A grammatical case in certain languages, including Ossetic, Finnish and Sumerian, that indicates something is like something else. English equivalents include he was the same age as her and he looks like him.
equate + -ive (Wiktionary)