from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having valves of the same size (as is normal)
- n. Any bivalve mollusc whose valves are of the same size.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the valves equal in size and from, as in most bivalve shells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In conchology, having valves equal in size and form, as a bivalve mollusk. Also equivalvular.
- n. A bivalve shell in which the valves are of equal size and form.
Sorry, no etymologies found.