from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or supporting the political or social establishment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who supports the political or social establishment
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who regards the Church primarily as an establishment formed by the State, and overlooks its intrinsic spiritual character.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or connected with an established church, or the doctrine of establishment in religion.
- n. An upholder of the doctrine of the recognition of a church by the state and its maintenance by law. [Rare.]
c 1850 establishment + -arian (Wiktionary)