from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To speak of or refer to by means of a euphemism.
- intransitive v. To use euphemisms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To utter one or more euphemisms; to speak euphemistically.
- v. To describe or refer to by using one or more euphemisms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To express by a euphemism, or in delicate language; to make use of euphemistic expressions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make euphemistic; express by a euphemism.
- To indulge in euphemism; speak euphemistically.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. refer to something with a euphemism
Sorry, no etymologies found.