from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A planet, especially Venus or Mercury, that is prominent in the west shortly after sunset.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The planet Venus as seen in the western sky in the evening.
- n. Less commonly, the planet Mercury as seen in the western sky in the evening.
- n. A common evening primrose, Oenothera biennis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a planet (usually Venus) seen at sunset in the western sky
Sorry, no etymologies found.