from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who makes illegal or unreasonable demands; an extortioner.
- n. A person who collects taxes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who exacts or demands by authority or right; hence, an extortioner; also, one unreasonably severe in injunctions or demands.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who exacts or levies; specifically, an officer who collects tribute, taxes, or customs.
- n. One who or that which requires or demands by authority: as, an exactor of etiquette.
- n. One who compels another to pay more than is legal or reasonable; one who is unreasonably strict in his demands or requirements.
From exact + -or (Wiktionary)