Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To plow; hence, to mark as if by a plow; write; engrave.
- In entomology, having longitudinal and parallel furrows which are distinctly defined, with perpendicular margins, and are separated by wide elevated spaces.
- adj. entomology, of a pupa Having the appendages free and not attached to the body wall.
- v. obsolete To plough up.
- v. obsolete To write or engrave.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. obsolete To plow up; also, to engrave; to write.
- Latin exaratus, past participle of exarare to plough up, to write; ex out + arare to plough. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for exarate.