Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To disjoint; put out of joint; luxate.
- In surgery, to sever the ligamentous connections of at a joint; amputate at a joint: as, to exarticulate the thumb.
- In zoology, not jointed; not consisting of two or more joints; inarticulate; composed of a single joint, as the antennæ or palpi of certain insects.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Having but one joint; -- said of certain insects.
- ex- + articulate (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘exarticulate’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for exarticulate.