from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having only one joint; said of certain insects.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having but one joint; -- said of certain insects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To disjoint; put out of joint; luxate.
- In surgery, to sever the ligamentous connections of at a joint; amputate at a joint: as, to exarticulate the thumb.
- In zoology, not jointed; not consisting of two or more joints; inarticulate; composed of a single joint, as the antennæ or palpi of certain insects.
ex- + articulate (Wiktionary)