from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that advocates the exclusion of another or others, as from having or exercising a right or privilege.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who advocates the exclusion of someone or something
- adj. Of or pertaining to an exclusionist, or to exclusionism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who would exclude another from some right or privilege; esp., one of the anti-popish politicians of the time of Charles II.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who would practise exclusion; specifically, in English history, one of a party of politicians in the time of Charles II. favorable to a bill to exclude his popish heirs from the throne.
Sorry, no etymologies found.