from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A license or permit for absence from a college or a religious house (such as a monastery)
- n. A permission which a bishop grants to a priest to go out of his diocese
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A license for absence from a college or a religious house.
- n. A permission which a bishop grants to a priest to go out of his diocese.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Leave of absence granted to a student in the English universities.
- n. Permission granted by a bishop to a priest to leave his diocese. See ne exeat.
Latin third-person singular subjunctive of exeō ("depart") used as an impersonal imperative, literally “let him go forth”. (Wiktionary)