from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A change in a rock that happens when igneous material intrudes upon it.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In petrography, that variety of contact-metamorphism which is developed, in the surrounding walls, by an intruded mass of eruptive rock.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.