from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characterized by expectation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to an expectation
- adj. Of or pertaining to the reversion of a benefice
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Constituting an object of expectation; contingent.
- n. Something in expectation; esp., an expectative grace.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Constituting an object of expectation; giving rise to expectation; anticipatory.
- Eccles., pertaining to an expectative. See II., 2.
- n. That which is expected; something in expectation.
- n. Specifically In the Roman Catholic Church, the right to be collated in the future to a benefice not vacant when the right is granted.
Sorry, no etymologies found.