from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An exposure or a revelation of something discreditable.
- n. A formal exposition of facts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. publication of some disreputable facts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A formal recital or exposition of facts; exposure, or revelation, of something which some one wished to keep concealed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A formal recital of the causes and motives of an act or acts, or of the facts of a case.
- n. Exposure; specifically, an undesired or undesirable exposure.
- n. Synonyms Exposition, Exhibit, etc. See exhibition.
French, past participle of exposer, to expose, from Old French; see expose.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French exposé. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.