from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Outside of the authority of a court.
- adj. Outside of the usual judicial proceedings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Carried out without legal authority.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Out of or beyond the power authority of a court or judge; beyond jurisdiction; not valid as a part of a judicial proceeding; , are null and void.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Outside of judicial proceedings; out of the proper court, or the ordinary course or scope of legal procedure: as, extrajudicial declarations (those made out of court).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. beyond the usual course of legal proceedings; legally unwarranted
Sorry, no etymologies found.