from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of binding up or fastening, as with bandages.
- n. The manner in which something is bound up or fastened.
- n. Botany An abnormal flattening or coalescence of stems, as in broccoli.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The binding-up of a limb etc. with bandages.
- n. A bandage.
- n. The process or state of being fasciated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or manner of binding up; bandage; also, the condition of being fasciated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or manner of binding with fasciæ specifically, a bandaging.
- n. That with which something is bound; a fascia.
- n. In botany, a malformation in plants, in which a stem or branch becomes expanded into a flat, ribbon-like shape, as if several stems were laterally coalescent in one plane.
- n. In zoology, marking with fasciæ; barring, banding, or transverse striping.
From French fasciation. (Wiktionary)