from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A band of grey matter bordering the fimbria in the brain; the dentate convolution.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A band of gray matter bordering the fimbria in the brain; the dentate convolution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fascia dentata of the brain. See fascia, 7 .
- n. [capitalized] In zoology: A genus of flukes or trematoid worms. F. hepatica is found in the bile-ducts of various mammals, and occasionally in man.
- n. A genus of dendrocœlous turbellarians, or land-planarians, of the family Geoplanidœ. F. terrestris, of Europe, is an example.
- n. In entomology, a short transverse band or fascia; a small or narrow band. Also fasciole, fasciolet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a genus of Fasciolidae
See fasciole. (Wiktionary)