from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bag that fits over a horse's muzzle and holds feed. Also called nosebag.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A horse's nosebag.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a nose bag containing feed for a horse or mule.
- n. a canvas bag that is used to feed an animal (such as a horse or mule); animal feed such as oats are placed in the bag, and it is fastened at the top of the head, covering the muzzle. The animal may then eat the contents while thus wearing the feedbag.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as nose-bag (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a canvas bag that is used to feed an animal (such as a horse); covers the muzzle and fastens at the top of the head
Sorry, no etymologies found.