Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To drive off; frighten away; put to flight.
- To drive; compel; urge.
- To beat; whip; chastise.
- To vex; worry; harass; plague; tease; disturb.
- To do for; settle or finish.
- To fret; be in a fume; worry: as, she frets and feezes.
- n. A race; a run; a running start, as for a leap.
- n. Vexation; worry; fret.
- To sneeze.
- To untwist the end of (anything made of threads or fibers); ravel out.
- To untwist; ravel out.
- To dawdle; loiter.
- To screw; twist; tighten by screwing.
- n. obsolete fretful excitement
- n. a race; a run; a running start, as for a leap
- n. vexation; worry; fret
- v. to drive off; frighten away; put to flight
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. Scot To turn, as a screw.
- v. obsolete To beat; to chastise; to humble; to worry.
- n. Fretful excitement. [Obs.] See feaze.
- From Old English fēsian ("to drive away, put to flight") (Wiktionary)
“Either it means the debate ratings are creeping up, or its unusually dismal Saturday night programming for CBS.CBS News is live streaming the debate right here for those you without benefit of a telly or US geographical location.7.15pm ET: So after his brain feeze last time, Rick Perry is putting in more preparation, right?”
“Stand back 20 yds false cast let it settle damn fly never gets in the hole, .. line ices up fingers feeze nevr cath any perch,. .evrything goes wrong.”
“Im right on the everge of cranky and I shouldnt be cranky. winter is moving toward the big feeze (lock up) in the midwest and I dont wanna ice fish. unless they pass a law allowing minor explosive devices.”
“Mos of us get teh brane feeze wen we sees teh “No Comment.””
“According to St. Basil, forty soldiers who had openly confessed themselves Christians were condemned by the prefect to be exposed naked upon a frozen pond near Sebaste on a bitterly cold night, that they might feeze to death.”
“Battling Dago Pete landed a few more before the fight was over, but as any old fighter will tell you there is nothing more discouraging than to discover that your most effective blows do not feeze your opponent, and only the knowledge of what”
“The first time, it's all right, but the second time, AsdkHlrEngine:: run (..) function fails and feeze acad.”
“Click in the page to feeze the inspection (i.e. selection) on the current element.”
“It is now - 49C temperature here", stated a weatherman at the Bohin resort, "and I am heading indoors befoor mi falls teef feeze.”
“The DLC, Coporate Dinocrats will now feeze Dean right out of the picture ... just like they do all real liberals and progressives not on board with the corporate agenda ...”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘feeze’.
a list of words.
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
Another of my random palavery lists for words or phrases that haven't yet found a place in one or more of my other lists.
Looking for tweets for feeze.