from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The practice or process of making felt.
- n. The materials from which felt is made.
- n. Felted fabric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of felt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The material of which felt is made; also, felted cloth; also, the process by which it is made.
- n. The act of splitting timber by the felt grain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process by which felt is made.
- n. The materials of which felt is made.
- n. Felt, in a general sense: as, a quantity of felting.
- n. In carpentry, the splitting or sawing of timber in the direction of the felt-grain.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I actually think needle felting is a really cool craft and something I could do!
I was interested in felting, but if I do it I think I will wear gloves ...
But felting is big and this little book was irresistible despite the doom-laden atmosphere in the shop.
Needle felting is something I think my girls’ will like … and since the close up shows you wearing a Band-Aid it adds an element of danger … so it’s a manly enough craft for Daddy’s too
If you’re really interested in felting but would like some hands-on instruction, many local yarn stores and arts centres offer classes.
The scaly structure of wool is of great importance in regard to what is known as felting property.
She does something called "felting," whereby she makes this fabric while forming it into something such as a tea cozy or purse or hat or mittens.
I wouldn't know where to start with 'felting' so mine would look considerably worse.
This property, known as "felting," gives to wool a great part of its value, and is its chief distinction from hair.
The grant money and other donations were used to purchase books on knitting, needles, cotton and specialty yarn such as felting yarn and eyelash yarn.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.