from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A casement or window sash closed with cloth or paper instead of glass.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to a window or to windows.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a fenestra.
- n. A casement or window sash, closed with cloth or paper instead of glass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a window or to windows; resembling a window; of window-like structure or transparency.
- In entomology, pertaining to, consisting of, or having fenestræ or transparent spots.
- In botany, having a large opening like a window
- n. A small window; also, a framed blind of cloth or canvas that supplied the place of glass previous to the introduction of that material.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or having a fenestra
- adj. of or relating to windows
Sorry, no etymologies found.