from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with hair-like appendages, as the undersurface of some lichens.
- adj. Composed of little strings or fibres.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Covered with hairlike appendages, as the under surface of some lichens; also, composed of little strings or fibers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany: Furnished or clothed with fibrils.
- Composed of small fibers.
- Marked with fine lines, as if composed of fine fibrils; finely striate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered with fibrils more or less evenly disposed
Sorry, no etymologies found.