from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cartilage that contains numerous thick bundles of collagen fibers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tough form of cartilage that has a matrix of dense bundles of fibres
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of cartilage with a fibrous matrix and approaching fibrous connective tissue in structure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tissue resembling cartilage, but differing from it in that the intercellular substance becomes fibrillated.
- n. A part of fibrocartilaginous tissue; any individual plate, disk, or other piece of fibrocartilage lying in or about a joint.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cartilage that is largely composed of fibers like those in ordinary connective tissue
Sorry, no etymologies found.