from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A portable binocular telescope without prisms used especially outdoors for viewing distant objects. Often used in the plural: used a pair of field glasses to watch the marsh birds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pair of binoculars for observing "in the field".
- n. A small monocular refracting telescope.
- n. The larger of the image lenses of an optical device.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See Field lens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small refracting telescope
Sorry, no etymologies found.