from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small mice or voles, especially of the genus Microtus, inhabiting meadows and fields and often causing damage to crops. Also called meadow mouse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small vole such as the meadow vole.
- n. One of several species of mice in genus Apodemus found in Eurasia and Africa.
- n. One of several species of mice in genus Akodon found in South America.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See under Field, Flying, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various small mouselike rodents of the family Cricetidae (especially of genus Microtus) having a stout short-tailed body and inconspicuous ears and inhabiting fields or meadows
- n. any nocturnal Old World mouse of the genus Apodemus inhabiting woods and fields and gardens
Sorry, no etymologies found.