from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pademelon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of kangaroo (Macropus Brunii), inhabiting New Guinea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A simplified spelling of philander.
- n. The small intestinal worm which causes the disease called filanders.
- n. plural A disease in hawks, caused by small intestinal worms. Also felanders.
- n. The external membrane of gut scraped off in the manufacture of catgut. Commonly as French, filandre.
- n. A name given by Le Brun (1711) to the short-tailed kangaroo, Halmalurus asiaticus or Macropus bruni. See philander.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.