from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having palmate feet.
- adj. Having lobate toes, as the coot and grebe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having palmated feet, or feet with toes connected by a membrane; web-footed; palmiped.
- In ornithology, pinnatiped; having pinnate feet, the toes being separately furnished with flaps, as in the grebes, coots, phalaropes, fin-foots, etc.
- In Mollusca, pteropod. Also fin-toed.
Sorry, no etymologies found.