from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The breadth of one finger.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A (usually approximate and informal) unit of measurement based upon the radial width of the human finger.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the length or breadth of a finger used as a linear measure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The breadth of a finger; specifically, a long measure, the fourth part of a palm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure
Sorry, no etymologies found.