from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Communication by means of a manual alphabet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The practice of representing the letters of the alphabet using just the hands to spell out words.
- n. Any system for representing the letters of the alphabet using just the hands.
- n. A representation of the spelling of a word using just the hands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an alphabet of manual signs
Sorry, no etymologies found.