from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An opal with brilliant flamelike yellow, orange, and red colors. Also called girasol.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any transparent to translucent opal with a warm body colour of yellow, orange, or red.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a variety of opal giving firelike reflections.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A variety of opal. See girasol.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an opal with flaming orange and yellow and red colors
Sorry, no etymologies found.