American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The grammatical category of forms that designate a speaker or writer referring to himself or herself. Examples of forms in the first person include English pronouns such as I and we and verb forms such as Spanish hablo "I speak.”
- n. A discourse or literary style in which the narrator recounts his or her own experiences or impressions using such forms: a novel written in the first person.
- n. grammar Forms of pronouns or verbs used for the speaker or writer of the sentence in which they occur.
- n. A form of narrative writing using verbs in the first person in order to give the impression that the action is happening to the narrator.
- n. pronouns and verbs used to refer to the speaker or writer of the language in which they occur
“I think Jackson is the first person in the history of Shanosha to use a padlock to secure his bike in his own backyard.”
“The first person I actually wrestled in a real match was this kid named Michael Biss from Westchester High School.”
“Ashmole was also the first person to write approvingly of the Templars since their suppression.9”
“Scott Crossfield, the Edwards test pilot whom Armstrong came in 1955 to replace, became the first person to fly at Mach 2.”
“As Lake told Dan Poneman, the first person to head the new non-proliferation office, we need to weave nonproliferation into the bilateral relationships around the world.”
“It was funny, the first person to ever give me a bloody nose in a wrestling ring was one of those Marina High kids.”
“The first person whose family Gold tried to find was David McAllan.”
“As it happened, the first person who forced me to reconsider my Santa Claus interpretation of the existence of spirit guides and angels was John Edward.”
“The only way to become a barometer is to be the first person to marry a baronette.”
“Hilleman also pointed out that he was not the first person to have reached this conclusion: The governments of Sweden, Denmark, and Norway had all recently banned the use of thimerosal in vaccines in an effort to protect against a loss of public confidence.”
‘first person’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for first person.