from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that suits or fits.
- n. A thing fitted to another in order to accomplish a specific purpose.
- n. An item of permanent furniture or equipment.
- n. The act of furnishing with fitments; an instance of such an act.
- n. The categorisation of an employee, for the purpose of calculating salary or allowances.
- n. The proper positioning and orientation of a thing for it to serve its designed purpose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of fitting; that which is proper or becoming; equipment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of fitting, or that which has been fitted or serves as a fitting; a fitting.
- n. A fit, suitable, or proper thing; something adapted to a purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of the items furnishing or equipping a room (especially built-in furniture)
fit + -ment (Wiktionary)