American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A pigment made of flakes of white lead.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In painting: The purest white lead, in the form of scales or plates. It has the best body of any white. When levigated, it is called body white.
- n. Basic nitrate of bismuth, or pearl-white.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Paint.) The trisnitrate of bismuth.
- n. See under Flack, Paris, etc.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘flake white’.
An extract from the "Zold Tolmacs" project, a HU-EN environmental dictionary compiled by Robert Gulyas in 2000.
dactylis glomerata, daily allowance, daily contact zone, daily cycle of tides, daily intake level, daily mortality rate, daily office and ..., daily peak, daily range in va..., daily runoff regu..., daily SO2 levels, dairy cattle and 5213 more...
The naming of colours is a difficult matter,
it isn't just one of your holiday games.
Looking for tweets for flake white.