from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any one of several trees or shrubs with yellow or bright red flowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a tree with showy scarlet flowers, as the Rhododendron arboreum in India, and the Brachychiton acerifolium of Australia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Nuytsia floribunda of western Australia, a loranthaceous tree with numerous brilliant orange-colored flowers. Also called fire-tree.
- n. The Sterculia acerifolia of New South Wales.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. showy tropical tree or shrub native to Madagascar; widely planted in tropical regions for its immense racemes of scarlet and orange flowers; sometimes placed in genus Poinciana
- n. a terrestrial evergreen shrub or small tree of western Australia having brilliant yellow-orange flowers; parasitic on roots of grasses
- n. south Australian tree having panicles of brilliant scarlet flowers
- n. north Australian tree having white flowers and broad leaves
- n. tropical American thorny shrub or small tree; fragrant yellow flowers used in making perfumery
flame + tree (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.