from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A soft cotton fabric with a nap.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of soft, woven fabric, made to imitate flannel by raising or brushing the fibers in the weft. Frequently used in sleepwear, pillows, and bedding.
- n. Something made from this fabric.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a cotton imitation of flannel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cotton fabric imitating flannel
Sorry, no etymologies found.