from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dry-cell powered photographic apparatus that holds and electrically triggers a flashbulb. Also called flash unit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An electrically powered device used to trigger a flashbulb
- n. Any similar unit used to generate repeatable flashes of light for photography
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a lamp for providing intense momentary light to take a photograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lamp for providing momentary light to take a photograph
Sorry, no etymologies found.